In his own words
I bring the organization, technology, interpersonal and cultural strengths to
the task at hand. As the current President of the IIT Roorkee Alumni
Association Midwest Chapter and a charter member of the PAN IIT Leadership
Circle, I have gained valuable insights into our alumni needs, and the
challenges faced by the regional Chapters.
many years, I have been involved in initiatives for new members, professional
programs and PAN-IIT. Being a member of the organizing committee for PANIIT
2009 has given me the additional experience for hosting our national IIT
RAANA. I am also proud of my student body positions (Secretaty - Cultural
Society and Secretary – Hobbies Club) and many awards at Roorkee.
I am working as a Director at CNA Financial, a Fortune 100 firm, doing
Strategic Program Management and Strategy & Planning (IT).
I did my BE (Roorkee - Electrical), followed by MSE (Wayne State University)
and MBA (Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University).
I live in
Naperville, IL with my wife, two children and my father. My brother, who is
also a Thomasonian, lives nearby to make our Family Chapter of IIT RAANA, on
the lighter side.Past activities with IIT Roorkee
- Chapter President, IIT Roorkee Midwest (Chicago) - initiated the professional networking events that evolved into a very popular monthly professional networking series attended by all IIT Midwest and other professionals
- Organizer, PAN IIT 2009 that was chaired by IIT Roorkee alum and attracted over 3,000 attendees. It had keynote address by President Clinton and other distinguished speakers such as Jim Owens, Nathan Myhrvold, Aneesh Chopra, Carl Schramm, Tulsi Tanti and Sam Pitroda
- Charter Member, PAN IIT Leadership Circle
- Led a number of alumni activities for both PAN IIT and IIT Roorkee
- Acted as member of a number of groups /
committees such as PAN IIT Branding, Alumni Relationship
What will bring most value to the alumni?
A common vision of our
association with focus on the following initiatives.
Setup open and frequent communication forums among chapters for alumni activities
Make networking easy among IIT RAANA alumni in good and tough times
Publish a directory of regional, national and international events to increase inter-chapter participation
Giving back to alma matter and fueling future
Improve visibility of Leadership opportunities such as PAN IIT
Leadership Circle (PLC) that have inadequate of IIT
Roorkee, for our alumni so that they can participate, if they choose so.
- Formation of IIT RAANA Board of Directors (from across professions,
tenure, seniority, geographies) while leveraging the strength of
autonomous local chapters.
Welcome and provide for easy
transition of alumni arriving in North America either for higher studies
or professional venture